THE MIDDLE YEARS: 1966 - 1980
When WDPC closed in the summer of 1966, all computing services to the School transferred to the Campus Computing Facility (CCF) that later became the Campus Computing Network (CCN) in this period. It later changed names again to the Office of Academic Computing (OAC) until it was renamed Academic Techology Services (ATS) by which it is known today. The history of computing in the School, then, becomes one of how it dealt with CCN in this middle period.
CCN / OAC SOFTWARE SUPPORT
The IBM 5100 was GSM's first move back into owning and operating its own computer equipment after WDPC closed in 1956. It was a prescient acquisition in that it was the first step in acquIring equipment from vendors such as Hewlett Packard and Apple and more from IBM that occurred only a few years later in the early 1980s to begin the period known in this history as the "Later Years."